IMA Members: If you know of a job opening, please contact our President, Matt Stuenkel, at email@example.com for details about posting the position on our site.
DiPiazza LaRocca Heeter & Co., LLC welcomes well qualified candidates for a promising career in public accounting. All information you provide to us will be kept strictly confidential.
Please submit your resume in strict confidence to A V LaRocca at firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the position are below. If interested, email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
TITLE: Financial Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: Irondale, AL
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: The EWTN Financial Manager is responsible for managing the financial operations of assigned EWTN entities. Works with the CFO and EWTN managers to develop effective financial processes and reports.
Southern Power (A Southern Company)
A summary of job duties and required experience/education are below. For more information and to apply, please visit the job posting on the Southern Company Career page.
Requisition number: SCS2004378
Summary of Position Duties
The responsibilities for the Research Accountant position include:
Job Experience and Education
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
$70K to $90K base plus bonus
Skilled Controller needed for a growing Birmingham company. The Controller will be responsible for all the accounting and financial operations of the North American division of a global, publicly traded company. The US operation is currently a small entity but is slated for rapid growth. The Controller will be responsible for accounting closing procedures, profit and loss review, balance sheet reconciliations, managing the audit from external accounting firm, overseeing the payment of tax returns, and helping build out an accounting team. The Controller will need to be able to think and work independently and think strategically.
Qualified candidates must have a CPA and 5+ years of proven experience in a similar role. Public accounting experience is a plus, but candidates must experience working in industry. This position offers a competitive base and bonus as well as significant growth opportunities.
E-mail your resume to Bryan Rushing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Financial Analyst
$70K - $90K base
Senior Financial Analyst is needed for division of a global organization. The Senior Financial Analyst will work with executives and senior management to develop costing of products/services for RFPs, RFIs, new sales opportunities, and contract renewals. The Senior Financial Analyst will assist with establishing appropriate pricing for products and services and support the negotiation of fee agreements. Senior Financial Analysts prepare estimates of new or proposed product and service costs, classify labor, material, and overhead costs to compute the unit costs of product or service. They will also analyze data and compile revenue and cost data to develop profitability analysis on a customer basis.
Candidates must have a 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years of related experience. Advanced financial modeling skills in Excel is required. Experience building reports in Cognos is a plus. MBA and/or CPA is highly preferred but not required.
E-mail your resume to Bryan Rushing email@example.com
$75K - $85K plus bonus
Manage the accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and others in making educated economic decisions.
• Coordinate the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes with Corporate Accounting and outside Auditors
• Prepare monthly forecast of future period Financial Statements
• Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and verifiable
• Coordinate with government agencies the audits of company’s accounts
• Prepare reports required by Corporate Accounting
• Oversee the activities of the divisional Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets
• Oversee accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash reconciliations, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance
• Coordinate Accounts Receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billing and cash receipts application.
• Respond to CFO and Division President as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 5-10 years experience in all aspects of Accounting, including Government Contracts
• Familiarity with Manufacturing Cost Accounting and relative accounting systems.
• Extended use with Microsoft Office applications
• Proven supervisory experience
• Exceptional communication skills. Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
• Excellent PC analytical capabilities
• Problem solving – the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully
• Delegation – delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities
• Management skills – include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; make self available to staff; provide regular performance feedback; and develop subordinate’s skills and encourage growth
• Quality management – the ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
• Planning/organizing –prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans. The ability to meet deadlines.
Email your resume to Bryan Rushing at Bryan.Rushing@roberthalf.com
Location: Bessemer AL
Salary: $70K - $90K base plus bonus
• Full controllership responsibility for Bessemer Plant location.
• Managing the month-end closing cycle, including preparation of all financial statements in Hyperion (HFM) and reporting in both parent companies’ management formats
• Preparation of monthly account reconciliations.
• Cost accounting activities, including inventory management and costed bill of material management.
• Management of all AR/AP activity, including past due collections tracking.
• Coordinating, preparing and presenting financial forecasts to senior management (including 3-5 year strategic plan).
• Consolidation of financials in Hyperion (HFM).
• Preparing and analyzing the monthly variance forecast/actual explanation reporting to senior management.
• Assists outside audit firm in preparing the fiscal year end financial statements.
• Oversees the filing of state and property tax returns for Alabama facility.
• Coordinate development of standard costs to establish an acceptable base for measuring product cost, expense control, and plant performance.
• Identify and drive cost reductions throughout the plant.
• Maintain a system of strong internal controls.
Ensure efficient processing of payroll, payables and receivables
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business; CPA or CMA desired.
• Seven (7) to nine (9) years experience in manufacturing Plant Controller or Sr. Financial Analyst position.
• Experience in cost accounting/inventory management.
• Experience managing budget/forecast development.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Experience with MFG/Pro, QAD or SAP, Hyperion.
• Sarbanes-Oxley Experience.
Email your resume to Bryan Rushing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two thirds of Alabama. A tax position has been posted to Alabama Power's Careers website. A few details are listed here, but the full job description and information about applying can be found at the link below.
Location: Downtown Birmingham, AL
Education: BA or BS in Accounting required - CPA and/or CMA a plus, but not required
Experience: 2-4 years experience preferred in corporate tax in public accounting or industry or both
Responsibilities (non-inclusive): This position will be responsible for tax and regulatory compliance/reporting. (Note - income tax returns are prepared outside this department), and will coordinate the property tax and municipal license tax calculations of the company. This individual will provide tax account analysis information for monthly management reports and meetings. This individual will oversee the Expense statement review process, reviewing expense coding for IRS and regulatory compliance. Other duties include overseeing the account reconciliation process as well as providing assistance in internal control reviews and testing. This position will be responsible for providing tax related information for both internal and external service providers. This position will also be involved in providing tax research and planning assistance. The individual in this position will also be responsible for coordinating the estimated tax payments prepared by the internal service provider with treasury.
For more details or to apply, follow the link below and look for "Tax Accountant (Birmingham, AL)" (Requisition Number: APC2001870)
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two-thirds of Alabama. An accounting position has been posted to Alabama Power's Careers website. A few details are listed here, but the full job description and information about applying can be found at the link below.
Location: Downtown Birmingham, AL
Education: BA or BS in Accounting required
Experience: 0-2 years preferred in public accounting, industry, or a combination of both
Responsibilities (non-inclusive): This position will be responsible for participating in the monthly closing process by preparing journals timely and accurately. This individual will also provide income and balance sheet analysis information for monthly management reports and meetings. Other duties include the account reconciliation process as well as executing internal controls and providing proper evidence. This position will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Finally, working with auditing, internal and external, is an on-going part of the responsibilities of this position.
For more details or to apply, follow the link below and look for "Accountant III" (Requisition Number: APC2001872)
Command Alkon a global leader in integrated technology solutions to the construction materials industry for over 30 years has an opening for a Financial Analyst at the Birmingham, Alabama location.
The attached document contains job responsibilities and required qualifications, as well as contact information.