Growing manufacturing plant looking for a GL Accountant to maintain and improve the accounting systems, which support business and corporate requirements. Accounting activities performed may include posting, summarizing, reconciling, auditing, ledger maintenance, statement and/or report preparation, account analysis, and cost analysis. The GL Accountant is responsible for:
· Month end-closing activities including maintaining the control (check) sheet, completing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, etc.
· Plant & corporate reporting – monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual.
· Extracts and format relevant information to support the information needs (strong Excel skills)
· Maintain and improve accounting internal control.
· Support/assist AP, AR and payroll personnel
· Assist in the preparation of forecasts and annual budgets
· Establish/maintain general accounting policies/procedures.
· Maintain fixed asset accounting system that will service management needs, internal depreciation, tax (federal and state) depreciation.
Minimally requires a Bachelors degree with a major in accounting. The incumbent should have a broad knowledge of accounting, a working knowledge of manufacturing operations, understanding of budgeting principles and forecasting techniques.
Strong proficiency in PC based Excel, word processing and mainframe-based accounting systems is required.
Desired proficiency in Access, Hyperion
$45K to $55K Annual Salary